Terms and Conditions
1. The Web site www.techpressroom.com is an Internet service published by Games Press Ltd (registered in England and Wales, company number 4058848). In entering our site you are accepting our Terms and Conditions. From time to time we may modify these terms and conditions. Accordingly, please continue to review these terms and conditions of service whenever accessing or using this site. Your use of the site, or any service on this site, after the posting of modifications to these terms and conditions of service will constitute YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE, as modified. If, at any time, you do not wish to accept the terms and conditions of service, you may not use the site. Any terms and conditions proposed by you which are in addition to or which conflict with these terms and conditions of service are expressly rejected by Games Press Ltd and shall be of no force or effect.
2. This Web site, including but not limited to text, content, photographs, video, audio and graphics (the "Service"), is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties and/or other proprietary rights and laws of the United Kingdom and other countries. The Service is also protected as a collective work or compilation under UK copyright and other laws and treaties. All individual articles, columns and other elements making up the Service are also copyrighted works. You agree to abide by all applicable copyright and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Service.
You agree not to adapt, alter or create any derivative work from any of the material supplied by the Service where that material has been originally and explicitly created for the Service. You may use any material supplied by the Service for commercial purposes, provided that you do not create and do not intend to create any derivative work.
3. Your use of the Service is subject to a fair usage policy. Your use of the Service will be monintored and if you are considered by Tech Pressroom to be consuming excessive amounts of bandwidth your login may be suspended or cancelled. The use of automated systems to "rip" large quantities of data from Tech Pressroom without obtaining prior consent from us is prohibited.
4. You agree to use the Service only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
5. The Service and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Games Press Ltd, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "as is" and on an "is available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
In no event will Games Press Ltd be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site. Games Press Ltd does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
The names, images and logos identifying Games Press Ltd or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of Games Press Ltd and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any licence or right under any trademark or patent of Games Press Ltd or any other third party.
If you are in any doubt as to whether you have the rights to publish or use the material included on Tech Pressroom it is your responsibility to seek permission from the copyright owner. Games Press Ltd does not guarantee that any material on the site is available for publication and cannot be held accountable for any costs you incur as a result of publishing material from the site. You are required to list any appropriate copyrights, trademarks, registered trade marks and picture credits.
6. Occasionally within the site you may find other rules or terms relating to specific material which may conflict with or contradict these terms and conditions. If there is any conflict then the rules or terms relating to specific material will win out over the more general terms and conditions.
7. As part of the registration and account creation process necessary to obtain access to portions of Tech Pressroom, you will select a subscriber username and a password. You will provide Games Press Ltd with certain registration information, all of which must be accurate and truthful. You shall not (i) select a username already used by another person; (ii) use a username in which another person has rights without such person's authorization; or (iii) use a username or password that Games Press Ltd, in its sole discretion, deems offensive or inappropriate. You shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and shall not disclose it to any other person. You shall immediately notify Games Press Ltd at email@example.com of any known or suspected unauthorized use(s) of your account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your password. You are solely responsible for all usage or activity on your Tech Pressroom account, including but not limited to use of the account by any third party authorized by you to use your username and password. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of your account, in Games Press Ltd's sole discretion, and Games Press Ltd may refer you to appropriate law enforcement agencies. You must notify Games Press Ltd if any of your registration information subsquently changes. You may terminate your account at any time by sending an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon termination, you will receive a confirmation via e-mail that the request was received, and your account will be terminated within two business days.
8. You represent, warrant and covenant that: (a) you have the power and authority to enter into this agreement; (b) you are at least eighteen years old; (c) you shall not use any rights granted hereunder for any unlawful purpose; and (d) you shall use the Service only as set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
9. The Service is subject to any limitations from time to time stated on our Website. Whilst we do what we reasonably can to ensure availability at all times, we cannot and do not offer a continuous, uninterrupted or error free service and no warranty is given in this respect. Without limitation, we may at any time temporarily suspend/restrict access for back up, maintenance, repairs and improvements and/or give instructions to You regarding the use of the Service which we believe are necessary for security or to maintain or improve the quality of the Service to You and to other members. You will comply with such instructions and, while they are in force, such instructions will be deemed to form part of this Agreement.
10. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
11. If you don't agree to these Terms and Conditions in full then you must leave this web site immediately.
Games Press Ltd collects certain personal information from you in order to verify your registration and give you access to material intended only for members of the computer and video games industry. Your personal details are kept strictly confidential. We will never pass on your personal details to a third party without your express permission.
Each time you visit a page within Tech Pressroom we record the time and date, the page you visited and your username. We then cross-reference this information to the publication or company name supplied by you on your registration form.
In order to fund Tech Pressroom we provide our clients (the companies that provide the press releases, release schedules and artwork) with a list of publications and/or companies that have viewed their material on Tech Pressroom. They are only given publication and/or company names. Your personal details are never revealed, and we believe your anonymity is retained. Your name, username, password, e-mail address and optional use of the e-mail digest is kept strictly confidential at all times.
Occasionally Tech Pressroom may use links or frames to take you to other Web sites, or embed those Web sites within the Tech Pressroom page. Unless otherwise stated clearly on pages that require your confirmation (for instance, when taking you to company press sites that Games Press Ltd hosts) your details are never passed to third party Web sites. Please note, however, that these sites may, without our knowledge, use standard Internet tracking techniques to record your visit. These may include, but are not limited to, their own Cookies, the IP address of your computer and the referring address of the Web page that called them, standard Internet techniques that are outside of our control. In the case of referring addresses originating from within Tech Pressroom, we do not include personally identifiable information within the page address.
Unless you opted out when you registered, we may occasionally e-mail you with information about Tech Pressroom, or with other information that we think might be relevant to you. If you would rather not receive these e-mails, please let us know by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Games Press Ltd is registered with Data Protection Agency. You are entitled to view the Data Protection Register.
When we hold your personal details on our database we have an obligation under the law to hold accurate information, and to let you know what we're holding if you want to know. We also need to collect the information fairly.
You can check the information we hold on you by e-mailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of "My details". The law gives us up to 40 days from receipt of your e-mail in which to reply to your request. We will send you the information (as held by us) within the time limit and will try to send it within 14 days.
The Tech Pressroom Web site can, optionally, store a Cookie on your computer in order to automatically log you into the site on each visit. This Cookie can only be read by www.gamespress.com, and consists of a unique ID number and your username only. Cookies do not identify the user of a computer and by themselves only record what areas of a site a computer has been used to visit. If you object to Games Press Ltd using cookies you should set your computer to block them, or access Your Details and deselect the Store as a Cookie option.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mail digests, you can, at any time, stop them or alter the frequency with which they arrive from the Your Details page. Alternatively e-mail your request to email@example.com including your username from the mail account address you registered with us.
In case you're interested, these are the cookies Tech Pressroom uses:
|ASPSESSIONIDSATTCQAQ||A session cookie stored temporarily when you visit Tech Pressroom. If, when you log in, you don't select the option "Store as a cookie for 2 weeks", this cookie helps us to keep you logged into the site for the duration of your current visit. It disappears either when you close your browser or when 20 minutes passes without you doing anything on Tech Pressroom.|
|Gpn%5FGamespress||Created if, when you log into Tech Pressroom, you select the option "Store as a cookie for 2 weeks". It holds a unique id and encrypted password so that we can log you in to the site automatically next time you visit us from the same computer. The cookie expires after two weeks.|
|HotlinkBlocker||Allows you, as a registered Tech Pressroom user, to view and download assets that are blocked to non-Tech Pressroom users.|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz||
Used by Google Analytics, helping us to monitor usage of Tech Pressroom so we can improve the site for you. The information stored is not identifiable to you personally.